Build reputation and website traffic with a blog
First lets start with a simple definition for those asking the question - what exactly is a blog?
A blog is a type of website arranged in chronological order with the most recent entry shown at the top of the page.
Most blogs also allow readers to post comments or feedback which allows for some interaction with your audience.
For business, blogs can help you build stronger relationships with important target groups such as clients, the media, the general public and/or shareholders.
- Simple, low cost PR. Blogs are a simple and fast way to put information online.
- Establish expertise. Position yourself and your company as the expert and raise your visibility with your target market.
- Higher search engine rankings. Google and other search engines reward sites with lots of content that are updated often and have many inbound links.
- Extend communications and customer relationships. Blogs enable companies to present a human face and voice to the public. Blogs allow you to join customer discussions, respond to concerns, provide tips and insights or receive feedback.
- Build community. Use blogs to grow group support around a cause, political issue, technology or hobby related to your product.
- Test ideas or products. Because blog’s are informal and conversational in nature you can publish an idea and see if it generates any interest or buzz.
So if you are a coach, consultant, trainer or speaker and you enjoy writing then a blog may be a good option to increase your visibility and reputation online. The key is to write good quality content often and if your main aim is to increase website traffic then make sure you write about the key phrases that you want to rank for.
Copyright © 2013 Melissa Norfolk Web Design